Contents Insurance

Wishaw and District Housing Association has buildings insurance to cover damage to the fabric of the building - the walls, floors, roofs and kitchen and bathroom fittings that are permanently fixed to the property - but this insurance does not stretch to cover any personal belongings or fixtures and fittings that you may have brought to your home.  As resident, these are your responsibility and you could be faced with replacing a number of expensive items at one time.

If the worst does happen, and you suffer damage or loss to your own personal possessions - including carpets and floor coverings, TVs and other electrical equipment - because of fire, flood or a roof leak, for example, who will pick up the tab?

To aviod the risk of a hefty bill to replace damage items we would always recommend you take out contents insurance.  It needn't cost the earth and there are many reasonably priced schemes available.

There are two schemes that are tailor-made for tenants, sharing owners, and owner-occupiers of Housing Associations.  Both offer our residents the chance to insure their contents in an easy and affordable way.

If you want to know more you can contract the companies. See details below:

Diamond Insurance
This scheme is supported by the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations

Thistle Tenant Risks
This scheme is supported by Employers in Voluntary Housing

It doesn't cost anything to get a quote and you might be surprised at how little contents insurance can be!
Ask yourself, can you afford to take a chance on your belongings? Can you afford not to have insurance