Taking in a Lodger

If you have a spare bedroom in your home that is no longer needed by a member of your household, you may wish to consider taking in a lodger.  In effect, this means that you ‘rent‘ out the room for a payment. You are still the tenant of the property and remain living in the house.  You also become responsible for the conduct of your lodger in the property.

You will need to make sure that you meet all the criteria for taking in a lodger (for example, you are not overcrowding the property) and you must get Wishaw and District Housing's permission.